1. Apr. 3 – 15, 2019 [waitlist only]
2. Apr. 13 – 25, 2019 [waitlist only]
Number of days:
$5,857 [including air from SFO]
- See Tokyo’s most magnificent sites, including the Imperial Palace District and the Meiji Shrine, tour Tokyo National Museum, and visit the gallery of a preeminent calligrapher.
- Marvel at views of iconic Mt. Fuji and take a cruise on scenic Ashi Lake at Mt. Fuji-Hakone-Izu National Park.
- Spend a night at a ryokan, a traditional Japanese inn, enjoying a Japanese-style Kaiseki dinner.
- Stroll along the streets of historic Takayama with its 16th-century castle and attractive old-style buildings.
- Take a hands-on cooking class with a local chef.
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage site of Shirakawago Gassho-zukuri Village, featuring the unique Gassho architectural style.
- Explore culturally rich Kanazawa, including renowned Kenrokuen Garden, the Higashi Chayagai teahouse and geisha area, and the Nagamachi Samurai district.
- Tour Kyoto, the embodiment of Japan’s rich culture and complex history, and take an excursion to Nara, Japan’s 8th-century capital, home to the UNESCO site of Kasugataisha shrine.
- Attend a traditional Japanese tea ceremony.
- Experience Kyoto with touring that includes the extravagant Nijo-jo Castle, the important Sanjyusangendo Hall Buddhist temple, and the Gion district, where geishas gather.
- Discover the modern, cosmopolitan city reborn from the atomic destruction of World War II on an optional 3-day/2-night post-tour extension to Hiroshima.