Oct. 7 – 19, 2020
Number of days:
$6,684 [including air from SFO]
|Final Brochure: Japan||3.76 MB|
- See Tokyo’s important sites, including the Imperial Palace District and gardens, the Meiji Shrine, and the Tokyo National Museum.
- Visit the gallery of a preeminent calligrapher and watch her as she works.
- Marvel at views of iconic Mt. Fuji and take a cruise on scenic Ashi Lake at Mt. Fuji-Hakone-Izu National Park.
- Spend a night at a ryokan, a traditional Japanese inn, enjoying a Japanese-style Kaiseki dinner.
- Stroll along the streets of historic Takayama with its 16th-century castle and attractive old-style buildings dating to the Edo Period (1600-1868).
- Take a hands-on cooking class with a local chef.
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage site of Shirakawago Gassho-zukuri Village, featuring the unique Gassho architectural style.
- Explore culturally rich Kanazawa, including renowned Kenrokuen Garden, the Higashi Chayagai teahouse and geisha area, and the Nagamachi Samurai district.
- Experience Kyoto, a city that embodies Japan’s rich culture and complex history.
- Tour extravagant Nijo-jo Castle, where shoguns once resided; the important Buddhist temple Sanjyusangendo Hall; and the Gion district, where geishas gather.
- Take an excursion to Nara, Japan’s 8th-century capital and home of Kasugataisha, a Shinto shrine and UNESCO site.
- Attend a traditional Japanese tea ceremony.
- Discover Hiroshima, the modern, cosmopolitan city reborn from the atomic destruction of World War II, on an optional 3-day/2-night post-tour extension.
- COVID-19 Update: As this tour is still at least several months away, we are still planning to operate at this time and will continue to diligently monitor the situation.
- While we remain hopeful that the global situation will improve significantly before this tour, we also recognize that these are difficult and uncertain times. With that in mind, we want to provide additional flexibility with regard to payments for our Odysseys Unlimited tours departing in 2020 and reduce any financial concerns you might have. We have therefore extended your final payment due date to 45 days prior to departure from the previously advertised 95 days. Any payments made to Odysseys Unlimited, including deposits previously advertised as partially or fully non-refundable, will now be fully refundable up until 45 days prior to departure