Mar. 17 – 29, 2021
Number of days:
$6,584 [including air from SFO]
|Final Brochure: Insider's Japan||3.76 MB|
- During a three-night stay, see fascinating Tokyo’s important sites, including the Imperial Palace District and gardens, the Meiji Shrine, and the Tokyo National Museum.
- Visit the gallery of a preeminent calligrapher and watch her as she works.
- Marvel at views of iconic Mt. Fuji and take a cruise on scenic Ashi Lake at Mt. Fuji-Hakone-Izu National Park.
- Spend a night at a ryokan, a traditional Japanese inn, enjoying a Japanese-style Kaiseki dinner.
- Stroll along the streets of historic Takayama with its 16th-century castle and attractive old-style buildings dating to the Edo Period (1600–1868).
- Take a hands-on cooking class with a local chef.
- Tour a sake brewery, sampling this national beverage and learning about the unique traditional brewing methods.
- Visit the UNESCO World Heritage site of Shirakawago Gassho-zukuri Village, featuring the unique Gassho architectural style.
- Explore culturally rich Kanazawa, including renowned Kenrokuen Garden and the Higashi Chayagai teahouse and geisha area.
- Tour a gold leaf museum and Kutani Kosen Kiln, where artists fashion the prized pottery.
- Experience Kyoto, a city that embodies Japan’s rich culture and complex history.
- See Kyoto’s lakeside Temple of the Golden Pavilion, one of Japan’s most famous buildings
- Tour extravagant Nijo-jo Castle, where shoguns once resided; the important Buddhist temple, Sanjyusangendo Hall; and the Fushimi Inara Shrine with its many red torii gates.
- Attend a traditional Japanese tea ceremony.
- Discover Hiroshima, the modern, cosmopolitan city reborn from the atomic destruction of World War II, on an optional 3-day/2-night post-tour extension.