Nov. 6 – 22, 2019
Number of days:
$4,487 [including air from SFO]
|Final Brochure: Journey Through Vietnam||3.6 MB|
- Tour French-accented Hanoi including the marvelous Temple of Literature and the infamous “Hanoi Hilton,” a prison during the Vietnam War.
- Visit an artists’ community where you can meet painters in their studios.
- Dine in the home of a gracious local family in Hanoi.
- Visit breathtaking Ha Long Bay, a UNESCO site with thousands of limestone formations protruding from the South China Sea. Stay overnight on the bay.
- Tour the acclaimed Cham Museum in Da Nang.
- Spend three nights at a luxurious resort in Da Nang.
- Enjoy excursions to charming Hoi An, a UNESCO site, and to a local village for glimpses of daily life.
- Participate in a hands-on cooking lesson followed by dinner in Hoi An.
- In the ancient capital Hue tour the Imperial City and cruise the Perfume River to peaceful Thien Mu Pagoda and the tombs of the emperors.
- Explore the Mekong Delta by boat to witness daily life firsthand: the colorful floating markets, riverside farms and fisheries, rice processing plants, and local communities.
- In spirited, cosmopolitan Saigon (Ho Chi Minh City) tour Reunification Palace, the History Museum, and the underground Cu Chi Tunnels utilized during the war.