Jan. 27 – Feb. 12, 2022
Number of days:
From $4,395 [including air from SFO]
- In bustling Delhi, the apex of the country’s renowned Golden Triangle, encounter the fascinating sights of Old and New Delhi.
- Visit legendary Jaipur, one of the great cities of the Rajput, known for its pink sandstone buildings.
- Enjoy a home-hosted dinner with a Rajasthani family in Jaipur.
- Stay for two nights near Ranthambore National Park, once a royal hunting ground, and take game drives in search of elusive Bengal tigers and other wildlife.
- Embark on a village walk in pastoral Kalakho to meet local Meena tribespeople in their homes.
- Stop in ancient Abhaneri to see the Chand Baori step well, an architectural marvel with 3,500 steps.
- In Agra, savor a travel highlight with a visit to the sublime Taj Mahal as well as imposing Agra Fort, both UNESCO World Heritage sites.
- In the holy city of Varanasi witness Hindu pilgrims performing their rituals on the Ganges River, then travel by river to attend a traditional aarti ceremony.
- Visit Sarnath, an important Buddhist pilgrimage site, to see the temples and stupas and tour the museum with its superb collection of Buddhist artifacts.
- Absorb the beauty of the Himalayan kingdom of Nepal on a special journey with an optional 5-day/4-night post-tour extension.
- If you are interested in receiving more information about this trip, please fill out this brochure request form. As soon as we have more information available we will send it to you.