|Final Brochure: St. Petersburg and the Baltic Capitals||4.24 MB|
- Embark on a comprehensive tour of this diverse region, discovering the fascinating heritage and contemporary life of four distinct nations’ capitals.
- Spend three nights in the attractive Lithuanian capital of Vilnius, a UNESCO site and one of the oldest and loveliest cities in the Baltic states.
- Tour Vilnius’s sobering KGB Museum and get further acquainted with the city with time for independent exploration.
- Visit majestic 15th-century Trakai Castle, the onetime residence of the Grand Dukes of Lithuania scenically located on an island.
- View Siauliai’s Hill of Crosses, a religious site that draws pilgrims from around the world.
- Stop at massive 18th-century Rundale Palace, an architectural highlight of provincial Latvia built by some 1,500 workers.
- Enjoy a three-night stay in the sophisticated Latvian city of Riga, largest of the Baltic capitals, boasting architecture from medieval to Art Nouveau and a rich store of art and culture.
- Take an excursion to Gauja National Park, Latvia’s premier nature reserve, called “little Switzerland” because of its deep gorges and flowing rivers.
- Stop for lunch in seaside Parnu, Estonia’s “summer capital” and once the favored summer resort of Russian czars.
- During your three-night stay in Tallinn, the Estonian capital, with a medieval Old Town that has remained unchanged for centuries.
- Visit the Rocca-al-Mare open-air museum containing more than 100 traditional buildings transported here from across the country.
- You’ll spend three final nights in St. Petersburg, Peter the Great’s “window on the West” and the most majestic of Russian cities.
- Stroll the city’s main shopping boulevard, Nevsky Prospekt, and visit the Hermitage, one of the world’s greatest museums of fine art.
- Admire Peterhof, often called the “Russian Versailles,” one of the Romanovs’ many royal “summer” palaces.
- For a fascinating look into the everyday life of ordinary Russians, join a local family for lunch.
- Explore more of the fascinating city of St. Petersburg – Russia’s cultural heart – at your own pace with an optional 3-day/2-night post-tour extension.
- Elimination of Penalty on Tour Deposits (2021) As a final initiative, Odysseys Unlimited has decided to waive the $200 per person penalty associated with tour deposits. Effective immediately, each guest’s $500 per person deposit will be fully refundable up until the final payment due date: 95 days prior to tour departure.
- COVID-19 Protocol Update
Day 1: Depart U.S. for Vilnius, Lithuania
Day 2: Arrive Vilnius
Day 3: Vilnius
Day 4: Vilnius/Trakai
Day 5: Vilnius/Riga
Day 6: Riga
Day 7: Riga/Sigulda
Day 8: Riga/Parnu/Tallinn
Day 9: Tallinn
Day 10: Tallinn
Day 11: Tallinn/St. Petersburg
Day 12: St. Petersburg
Day 13: St. Petersburg/Peterhof
Day 14: Depart for U.S.