Nov. 8 – 23, 2022
Number of days:
From $8,095 [including air from SFO]
- Take a guided tour of colonial Lima and the Museo de Arte de Lima, a prominent art museum covering 3,000 years of Peruvian history.
- Explore the beautiful Sacred Valley, a region of Inca sites and indigenous villages, and attend a native “Offering to the Earth” ceremony.
- Discover Machu Picchu, the stunning “Lost City of the Incas,” staying at the Belmond Sanctuary Lodge, just yards from the entrance to the ruins.
- Savor two guided visits to the breathtaking ruins without all the day trippers.
- Tour Cuzco – the archaeological hub of the Americas, the continent’s oldest continuously inhabited city, and a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Enjoy lunch in the home of a gracious Cuzco family.
- In Quito, another UNESCO site, tour its well-preserved historic center – considered Latin America’s finest – and visit the Middle of the World Monument.
- For your Galapagos adventure, stay for four nights at the beautiful Royal Palm Hotel set in the lush highlands of Santa Cruz Island.
- Embark on privately chartered day cruises to North Seymour and South Plaza islands – rich in flora and fauna – accompanied by an expert naturalist guide.
- Visit the Charles Darwin Research Station and the Fausto Llerena Tortoise Center to learn about the iconic Galapagos tortoises.
- Enjoy opportunities for swimming, snorkeling, and nature walks.
- Observe the Galapagos’ fascinating residents: Sally Lightfoot crabs, iguanas, sea lions, and abundant birdlife, including blue-footed boobies.
- Explore Santa Cruz Island, where you encounter the giant Galapagos tortoises in their natural habitat, and see the huge craters of Los Gemelos and secluded white-sand Garrapatero beach.
- With a final day in Quito, tour the colorful Botanical Gardens and lively Iñaquito Market.
- Join an optional pre-tour excursion to the Amazon rainforest to discover its flora and fauna for 4 days/4 nights.
- If you are interested in receiving more information about this trip, please fill out this brochure request form. As soon as we have more information available we will send it to you.