|Preliminary Brochure: Ancient Empires||496.66 KB|
- Discover the intriguing mélange of cultures that flourished in the wake of ancient empires on this exclusively chartered cruise to the shores of Italy, Sicily and Malta.
- Cruise for seven nights from Valletta, Malta to Rome, Italy along two of Europe’s most dramatic coastlines, aboard the Five-Star expedition ship, Le Bougainville, with only 92 Suites and Staterooms, each with a private balcony.
- Our outstanding, custom-designed itinerary features the quintessential seaside villages and monumental antiquities of this historic region at the ideal time of year—affording a unique opportunity to travel with a small group that visits seven UNESCO World Heritage sites.
- Experience the rich history of Malta, the island nation where Saint Paul was shipwrecked.
- Discover Sicily’s storied town of Taormina, the legendary city of Syracuse and the classical perfection of Agrigento’s Valley of the Temples.
- Marvel at Italy’s stunning Amalfi Coast, legendary Capri and charming Positano.
- Gain insight into the Roman way life in A.D. 79 in the superbly excavated city of Pompeii.
- Malta Pre-Program and Rome Post-Program Options are available
- COVID-19 Update: Gohagan takes your health and wellness very seriously. Click here to learn about their enhanced COVID-19 protocols.
Day 1: Depart the U.S.
Day 2: Valletta, Malta/Embark Le Bougainville
Day 3: Valletta
Day 4: Porto Empedocle, Sicily for Agrigento
Day 5: Syracuse
Day 6: Naxos for Taormina/Cruise past Stromboli, Italy
Day 7: Isle of Capri/Sorrento for Amalfi Coast and Positano
Day 8: Sorrento for Pompeii
Day 9: Civitavecchia/Disembark ship/Rome/ Return to the U.S.
*Itinerary is subject to change.