May 19-27, 2018
Number of days:
Please note: Madrid extension has been canceled and is unavailable for booking!
- The Basque country of Spain and France offers a blend of rich heritage, proud traditions and striking natural beauty.
- Settle in picturesque San Sebastián and begin exploring on a walking tour along La Concha Bay to see the Old Town and Cathedral.
- Cross the border into France to visit the villages of St. Jean de Luz, which has a swashbuckling history, and Espelette, where whitewashed homes are decorated with traditional strings of red peppers.
- Explore the seaside resort of Biarritz and see the historic highlights of Bayonne, including its Gothic Cathedral.
- On an excursion to Bilbao, tour the Guggenheim Museum and see masterpieces by celebrated modern artists.
- Sip the local wines during a journey through La Rioja wine country.
- Local guides and expert speakers provide fascinating insight into the Basque culture during included excursions and lectures.
- This program includes first-class accommodations and an extensive meal plan including wine with dinner.