What to expect: These trips often travel by motorcoach, ship, or train. Touring days may include full-day motor coach excursions or extended periods of standing and walking during city tours, museum visits, and/or outdoor activities. Travelers should be able to board transportation, walk over sometimes-uneven terrain, and climb a few flights of stairs, occasionally without handrails or assistance. Elevators are not always available. Outings last 2–4 hours most days.
Suitable for: Travelers who are able to comfortably walk two to four miles, or 4,600–6,900 steps, each day.
- Discover sun-soaked Croatia, from the winding streets of Zagreb to the sparkling Dalmatian Coast and magnificent Dubrovnik, the epic walled city featured in countless films.
- Croatia’s complex history comes to life as you explore landmark sites, including Zagreb’s beautiful St. Mark’s church and Mirogoj Cemetery, designed by architect Hermann Bollé.
- Delight in the misty waterfalls of Plitvice National Park; then linger in the passageways and courtyards of Diocletian’s Palace before enjoying lunch at a local fish market.
- Meet master craftsmen and get a taste of authentic island life on Brač, and explore charming Trogir, one of the best-preserved Romanesque-Gothic towns in Central Europe.
- In glamorous Dubrovnik, tour a Franciscan Monastery and visit Sponza Palace, which houses ancient manuscripts.
- Along the way, expert lectures shed light on Croatia’s nautical history, Yugoslav Wars, modern life and much more.
- This 10-night journey includes first-class accommodations and an extensive meal plan, featuring wine with dinner.