What to expect: These trips often travel by motor coach, ship, or train. Touring days may include full-day motor coach excursions or extended periods of standing and walking during city tours, museum visits, and/or outdoor activities. Travelers should be able to board transportation, walk over sometimes-uneven terrain, and climb a few flights of stairs, occasionally without handrails or assistance. Elevators are not always available. Outings last 2–4 hours most days.
Suitable for: Travelers who are able to comfortably walk two to four miles, or 4,600–6,900 steps, each day.
- From the thatched farmhouses and footpaths of fairy-tale Giethoorn to the medieval landmarks of Antwerp, fall in love with the Netherlands and Belgium as you relish their intimate waterways.
- See bygone eras take shape aboard a first-class river ship for seven nights.
- In Amsterdam, get a close-up look at 17th-century canals and landmarks on a river cruiser, then choose to dive into acres of colorful tulips at Keukenhof Gardens, bike through charming villages, or gaze at masterpieces by Rembrandt and other Dutch artists at the Rijksmuseum.
- Explore The Hague and the art of the Mauritshuis, or watch an artisan paint porcelain at the Royal Delft factory. Tour Bruges’ Old Town, then savor its chocolate, discover its beer culture, or visit the Groeninge Museum.
- Immerse yourself in the seaport of Antwerp with its quaint architecture and café-filled lanes.
- Enjoy an extensive meal plan featuring wine, beer and soft drinks with lunch and dinner.
- No single supplement!