|Final Brochure: Iceland||3.22 MB|
- Stay in well-located, atmospheric small hotels.
- Stop to see the fascinating geothermal exhibit at Hellisheidi Power Plant, Iceland’s largest, and learn about Iceland’s geological forces at the interactive Lava Centre.
- Admire Seljalandsfoss, Iceland’s most photographed waterfall, and Skogafoss, a waterfall known for its rainbows.
- Head to the lovely town of Vik, Iceland’s southernmost village, surrounded by green hills, a massive icecap, the sea, and a volcano.
- Travel to Lake Myvatn and its environs of bubbling mud flats, vast lava fields, and lunar-like volcanic craters, one of the world’s natural wonders.
- Embark on a birdwatching cruise from the picturesque fishing village of Husavik to see the rich bird life at Puffin island (weather conditions permitting).
- Visit beautiful Vatnajökull National Park where you’ll witness massive Ásbyrgi canyon, enveloped by towering walls, and the Hljodaklettar Echo Cliffs.
- Walk to jaw-dropping Dettifoss, Iceland’s own Niagara and Europe’s most powerful waterfall.
- Make a stop at Godafoss, the stunning “waterfalls of the gods” named for the carvings of Norse gods tossed into the water when the country was declared Christian.
- Tour Siglufjördur’s acclaimed Herring Era Museum, and Glaumbaer, a folk museum featuring exhibits on rural Icelandic life, including authentic turf houses.
- At a farm, see the famed Icelandic horses first brought to Iceland by the Vikings in 800 CE.
- Experience the stupendous scenery of the Snaefellsnes Peninsula, including a shell sand beach, bizarre rock formations, and thousands of nesting cliff birds.
- You’ll learn about Thingvellir National Park’s historic and geologic significance, and take in its canyons, caves, waterfalls, and ponds surrounded by snow-capped mountains.
- Spend two nights in Iceland’s lively capital, Reykjavik, with time to explore on your own or take an optional tour to the famed Blue Lagoon.
- Make the most of the long daylight hours and see more of vibrant Reykjavik at your own pace with an optional 3-day/2-night post-tour extension.
- Odysseys Unlimited Terms and Conditions.
- 2021 Odysseys Unlimited Digital Catalog
- Elimination of Penalty on Tour Deposits (2021) As a final initiative, Odysseys Unlimited has decided to waive the $200 per person penalty associated with tour deposits. Effective immediately, each guest’s $500 per person deposit will be fully refundable up until the final payment due date: 95 days prior to tour departure.
- COVID-19 Protocol Update
Day 1: Depart U.S./Reykjavik
Day 2: Selfoss
Day 3: Selfoss
Day 4: Lake Myvatn Day
Day 5: Lake Myvatn Day
Day 6: Siglufjördur
Day 7: Borgarbyggo
Day 8: Borgarbyggo
Day 9: Reykjavik
Day 10: Reykjavik
Day 11: Depart Reykjavik for U.S
NOTE: Itinerary may change.