Sep. 17 – 27, 2019
Number of days:
$5,997 [including air from SFO]
|Final Brochure: Exploring Iceland||3.52 MB|
- Stay in well-located, atmospheric small hotels.
- Tour the beautiful Snaefellsnes Peninsula with its stunning scenery, including a shell sand beach, bizarre rock formations, and abandoned coastal farms and fishing villages.
- Stop to see famed Icelandic horses en route to Akureyri, where you enjoy a motorcoach and walking tour of the country’s northern capital.
- Travel to otherworldly Lake Myvatn and experience the region’s bubbling mud flats, vast lava fields, and lunar-like volcanic craters.
- Observe the boiling mud pots at Namaskard and the flat volcano system at Krafla.
- Visit Glacial River Canyon National Park and walk to Dettifoss, Iceland’s own Niagara and Europe’s most powerful waterfall.
- Viist Hljodaklettar Echo Cliffs and Asbyrgi, a huge wooded canyon enveloped by towering walls.
- Embark on a birdwatching cruise to see the rich bird life at Puffin island (weather conditions permitting).
- Travel to Thingvellir National Park to learn about its historic and geologic significance, and enjoy the many canyons, caves, waterfalls, and ponds surrounded by snow-capped mountains.
- Visit the Skogar Folk Museum and popular Skogafoss waterfall, known for its rainbows.
- Stop to see the geothermal exhibit at Hellisheidi Power Plant, Iceland’s largest.
- Spend two nights in Iceland’s lively capital, Reykjavik, with time to explore on your own or take an optional tour to the Blue Lagoon.