Oct. 16-24, 2018
Number of days:
- France’s Champagne country is celebrated for the sparkling wine that bears its name and its beautiful medieval towns.
- Explore Reims and its Cathedral of Notre-Dame, a Gothic treasure and UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Tour the acclaimed Taittinger estate and enjoy sampling its famed Champagne.
- See the grapevine-covered slopes of the Montagne de Reims, and stroll through the village of Hautvillers where Dom Pérignon, a Dominican monk, perfected the Champagne-making process.
- Discover Épernay, where bottles of bubbly are stored in tunnels carved into subterranean chalk deposits.
- Many World War I battles were fought in this region. Drive through the Meuse-Argonne region to Verdun to visit Europe’s largest American military cemetery, the resting place for more than 14,000 American soldiers.
- This engaging program includes excursions, lectures, first-class accommodations and an extensive meal plan featuring wine at dinner.
- Marvel at the iconic landmarks of Pairs on a Seine River cruise, and explore the hip and historic Le Marais district.