May 28 – Jun. 5, 2019 [on request only]
Number of days:
- Please note that the dates of this trip have changed. The correct dates are May 28 - Jun. 5, 2019
- From remote Achill Island to the lively city of Galway, feast your eyes on the untamed beauty of Ireland’s western coast, the Wild Atlantic Way.
- Nestled along rugged terrain are inviting villages, historic sites, and ancient monuments.
- While staying for seven nights in Westport near the holy mountain Croagh Patrick, spend your days learning about rural folk life, a 16th-century pirate queen, a countess who was a hero of the 1916 Rising, and Irish literature and art.
- Take a scenic drive on the coastal road around Achill Island, admire Connemara’s stark beauty, stroll through the picture-perfect village of Cong and feel Galway’s lively vibe.
- Visit Carrowmore Megalithic Cemetery, where dozens of large stone tombs give you a glimpse of Neolithic Ireland.
- Lectures by local experts add another dimension to your experience.
- Enjoy first-class accommodations and an extensive meal plan, including wine at dinner.
- There is no supplement for solo travelers.