Apr. 24 – May 2, 2020
Number of days:
- Explore “fair Verona,” the Italian town made famous by Shakespeare’s Romeo and Juliet.
- Founded in the 1st century B.C., Verona has long been a favorite retreat for travelers, including Romans who rested here before crossing the Alps.
- Spend seven nights at a first-class hotel and venture out to explore a family-owned winery in Valpolicella; admire beautiful Lake Garda, Italy’s largest lake; and sip grappa in the foothills of the Alps.
- In Vicenza, admire Palladio’s architectural genius and see the famous Teatro Olimpico.
- Zip to Venice on a high-speed train, cruise Venice’s Grand Canal and visit St. Mark’s Square, St. Mark’s Basilica and the Doge’s Palace.
- In Padua, see Italy’s largest town square; and Giotto’s famous Renaissance frescoes at Scrovegni Chapel.
- A visit to Villa Pisani, an opulent Venetian villa once home to Napoleon, rounds out the trip!