Sep. 24 – Oct. 2, 2019
Number of days:
- Discover northern Italy’s lake district, where sparkling lakes mirror the green hills and craggy slopes of the Alpine foothills.
- Based in the town of Stresa by Lake Maggiore, spend your days exploring breathtaking islands, lakeside towns and Milan.
- On Isola San Giulio, see the Romanesque basilica, which looks as if it is floating on the water.
- The three Borromean Islands range from a quaint fishermen’s islet to an opulent island estate.
- Glide across Lake Como to admire the villas and picture-perfect villages that adorn the shore.
- Learn the secrets of northern Italian cuisine during a cooking lesson.
- In Milan, see Leonardo’s “The Last Supper,” and choose between a tour exploring the fashion industry and an excursion to the Duomo and La Scala’s museum.
- This small-group program features seven nights’ accommodations, an extensive meal plan, including wine with dinner, and a series of lectures to enhance your understanding of the region.