1. Nov. 1 – 14, 2019
2. Nov. 10 – 23, 2019
Number of days:
$5,479 [including air from SFO]
|Final Brochure: Moroccan Discovery||4.05 MB|
- Discover the imperial cities of Rabat, Meknes, Fez, and Marrakech.
- Visit five UNESCO World Heritage sites, including the uninhabited village of Ait ben-Haddou, one of southern Morocco’s most scenic villages.
- See the highlights of the country’s capital, Rabat, including the Kasbah of the Oudaias and the new Mohammed VI contemporary art museum, and enjoy lunch in a private home in Sale.
- Explore the ancient Roman ruins at Volubilis, a UNESCO site known for its intricate and colorful mosaics.
- Tour the bustling medina of Fez, Morocco’s oldest imperial city, including Koranic schools and a medieval theological university.
- Visit the traditional quarter to watch artisans craft the acclaimed Fez pottery and ceramics.
- Enjoy a private dinner at an intimate family-run riad in Fez.
- Ride a camel along the sand dunes at Merzouga on the edge of the Sahara as the sun is setting, and then relax over dinner together in the desert.
- Encounter spectacular scenery in the High Atlas Mountains: the stunning riverside oasis of Tinehir, plummeting Todra Gorge, and the fabled “Route of a Thousand Kasbahs” caravan route.
- Explore alluring Marrakech with a day-long tour that includes beautiful Koutoubia Mosque, Andalusian-style El Bahia palace, and lively Djemaa el Fna Square.
- Visit the newly renovated Berber Museum and the adjacent Majorelle Gardens in Marrakech.
- Conclude your journey in storied Casablanca, Morocco’s largest and most cosmopolitan city, where you visit the magnificent Hassan II Mosque.