May 7-15, 2018 [waitlist only]
Number of days:
- Today, Normandy is a peaceful place where life is enjoyed with joie de vivre, but just over seven decades ago, it was the site of the pivotal World War II battle against the Nazis.
- Settle in charming Honfleur, and delve into Norman history and culture, including an outing to an estate farm and authentic fromagerie in the French countryside.
- Take an emotional journey to Omaha Beach, the American Cemetery and the inspiring Peace Memorial.
- Normandy’s military past began long before 1944; in Bayeux, see the famous Bayeux Tapestry, an embroidered history of the Battle of Hastings.
- Journey to Mont Saint-Michel, the breathtaking fortress monastery guarded by the tide’s ebb and flow, and taste Calvados, the local cider brandy, and other renowned food and drink of the region.
- Local guides and expert speakers provide insight during excursions and lectures.
- This seven-night program features a first-class hotel, engaging excursions, educational talks and ample meals, plus wine with dinner.
- There is no supplement for solo travelers.