Apr. 17 – May 1, 2019
Number of days:
$5,174 [including air from SFO]
|Final Brochure: Northern Italy||4.44 MB|
- Spend a relaxing three nights in a Stresa resort on lovely Lake Maggiore.
- Tour the splendid lake region, visiting picturesque Orta San Giulio, “God’s watercolor,” on Lake Orta.
- Cruise to Isola Bella for a tour of the island’s flower-decked palazzo with its priceless artwork.
- Sample the “king of wines” in Barolo at Marchesi di Barolo, Italy’s premier vintner.
- Travel by boat to the renowned resort town of Portofino where the good life is celebrated.
- Embark on a full-day excursion to Cinque Terre with its five cliff-clinging villages, stopping in scenic Vernazza and cruising along the coast to colorful Portovenere.
- Take a walking tour through the atmospheric and incredibly well-preserved medieval town of Lucca.
- Explore beautiful Florence, including the Galleria dell’Accademia housing Michelangelo’s treasured “David” and the Duomo with its stupendous dome.
- Encounter the walled city of Siena and its Piazza del Campo, one of Europe’s greatest public squares.
- Stop in storied Verona, a UNESCO site renowned as the setting of several Shakespearean plays.
- Explore Bolzano, gateway to the majestic Dolomites in the Italian Alps, with its spectacular scenery.
- Savor wondrous Venice, walking through vast St. Mark’s Square and enjoying time for independent exploration.
- Prolong the Italian sojourn with a longer stay in Venice, the most beautiful of cities, on an optional 3-day/2-night post-tour extension.