May 1 – 15, 2021
Number of days:
$5,774 [including air from SFO]
|Final Brochure: Northern Italy||3.88 MB|
- Begin your journey with a relaxing three-night stay in the resort of Stresa on beautiful Lake Maggiore in Italy’s romantic Lake District.
- Embark on a cruise to Isola Bella, the beautiful Borromean island set in the middle of Lake Maggiore and tour its elaborate 17th-century palazzo and its extravagant gardens.
- Visit the picturesque medieval lakeside town of Orta San Giulio – dubbed “God’s watercolor” by Italian writer Piero Chiara.
- Sample Barolo, the “king of wines,” at Italy’s premier vintner in Barolo.
- Spend three nights in the Italian Riviera resort town of Santa Margherita, with its palm-lined esplanade.
- Ferry to the renowned resort town of Portofino, one of Italy’s prettiest spots and where the jet set enjoy la dolce vita.
- Journey by train to the Cinque Terra, the five cliff-clinging villages, stopping in scenic Vernazza then boarding a boat for a cruise to visit another of the villages.
- Stop in the atmospheric and incredibly well-preserved Tuscan medieval town of Lucca.
- Encounter classic Tuscany during a three-night stay in splendid Florence, a living monument to the Renaissance, including a visit to the Galleria dell’Accademia to view Michelangelo’s David.
- Tour the walled Tuscan city of Siena, boasting one of Europe’s great public squares.
- Discover storied Verona, renowned as the setting of several Shakespearean plays, including Romeo and Juliet.
- Experience the spectacular scenery of the South Tyrol, Italy’s German-accented northern reaches bordering Austria and Switzerland.
- Enjoy two nights in Bolzano, gateway to the magnificent Dolomites in the Italian Alps.
- Visit the South Tyrol Museum of Archaeology, well known for housing the mummified corpse of Ötzi the Iceman.
- Conclude your journey in magical Venice with a walk through vast St. Mark’s Square and time to explore on your own.
- Prolong the Italian sojourn with a longer stay in Venice, the most beautiful of cities, on an optional 3-day/2-night post-tour extension.
- Throughout the tour, stay in outstanding small group accommodations.