Sep. 28-Oct. 12, 2018 [Doubles: waitlist only]
Number of days:
$5,297 [including air from SFO]
|Final Brochure: Provincial French Countryside||4.86 MB|
- Discover the quintessential medieval town of Carcassonne and the historic market town of Albi with its Toulouse-Lautrec Museum.
- Soak up French life while staying in atmospheric rural inns and small country hotels.
- Staying in charming Sarlat, explore the remote Dordogne, including a visit to the famous caves at Lascaux II and a leisurely afternoon cruise on the Dordogne River.
- Tour the Loire Valley’s impressive Chateau de Chenonceau.
- Visit the dramatic Gothic abbey of Mont-St-Michel, dramatically situated atop a precipitous rock formation at the edge of the sea.
- See Normandy’s famous D-Day landing beaches and sights, including the moving American Cemetery overlooking Omaha Beach.
- Stay in the medieval town of Bayeux and tour the Tapestry Museum, home of the 1,000-year-old Bayeux Tapestry.
- Walk amid Monet’s gardens in Giverny where he was inspired to create his Impressionist masterpieces.
- Get acquainted with splendid Paris on a city tour that includes a visit to the renowned Louvre (or the Musée d’Orsay) before bidding au revoir to France.