Aug. 28 – Sep. 11, 2020
Number of days:
$5,997 [including air from SFO]
|Final Brochure: French Countryside||4.06 MB|
- Discover medieval Carcassonne and the market town of Albi with its Toulouse-Lautrec Museum.
- Soak up French life while staying in atmospheric rural inns and small country hotels.
- Stay in charming Sarlat and explore the remote Dordogne, including a leisurely afternoon cruise on the Dordogne River.
- Tour the International Center for Cave Art at Lascaux IV, showcasing reproductions of the original pre-historic cave paintings found nearby.
- Visit the cliffside village of Rocamadour, a revered pilgrimage site.
- Tour the Loire Valley’s impressive chateau at Chenonceau.
- Visit the dramatic Gothic abbey of Mont St. Michel, dramatically sited atop a precipitous rock formation in the sea.
- In medieval Bayeux tour the Tapestry Museum, home of the 1,000-year-old Bayeux Tapestry.
- Tour Normandy’s famous D-Day landing beaches and sights, including the moving American Cemetery overlooking Omaha Beach.
- Walk amid artist Claude Monet’s gardens in Giverny, where he was inspired to create his Impressionist masterpieces.
- Get acquainted with Paris on a city tour before bidding au revoir to France.