Oct. 11-22, 2018 [singles waitlist only]
Number of days:
$3,645 [and up]
- Portugal led the world during the Age of Discovery. Now it is time for the world to rediscover Portugal’s stunning beauty, rich tradition and warm people.
- Spend three nights in Lisbon and walk in the footsteps of the world’s greatest explorers before launching a seven-night cruise of the Douro River aboard the exclusively chartered MS Gil Eanes.
- Visit Lisbon’s Hieronymite Monastery and the Tower of Belém.
- Discover pretty Coimbra and the esteemed university in Óbidos.
- Explore Douro Valley wine country, which produces rich port wine.
- On several days, enjoy a choice of excursions that allow you to sample port, explore historic cities and delve into the local culture.
- Expert lecturers enhance your experience with scholarly and cultural insight.
- This well-crafted journey includes first-class accommodations in Lisbon and aboard the ship.
- All meals are included during the cruise and include beer and wine with lunch and dinner.
- For solo travelers, there is no single supplement.