Sep. 19 – 30, 2022
Number of days:
|Preliminary Flyer: Douro River Cruise||1.4 MB|
- Delight your senses on this handcrafted 10-night program, featuring a three-night stay in world-class Lisbon and a seven-night cruise through the Douro River Valley, the world’s oldest demarcated winemaking region.
- Begin in Portugal’s humming capital, enjoying its diverse neighborhoods, the Jerónimos Monastery and monuments - nautical.
- Travel north to visit romantic Óbidos and Coimbra, home to Portugal’s revered university.
- After boarding your first-class ship in Porto, spend time exploring this enigmatic harbor town known for its storied Ribeira district and bohemian culture.
- Then cruise the fabled Douro River, carving a path through sculpted hills and bucolic lands steeped in winemaking traditions.
- Daily excursions feature visits to wine estates and charming townships with wonderfully preserved architecture, including Vila Real, Lamego and Salamanca, Spain.
- Along the way, impress your tastebuds with regional dishes, local pastries and authentic port wines.
- Enjoy an authentic Portuguese folk show!
- This journey features a choice of included excursions to personalize your journey and an extensive meal plan.
- No single supplement for solo travelers!
- If you are interested in more information about this trip, please click on the “Reserve Your Place Now” button to be taken to the AHI website or view the 2021-2022 AHI Digital Catalog.
- COVID-19 Update: AHI takes your health and wellness very seriously. Click here to learn about their enhanced COVID-19 protocols.