Oct. 13 – 24, 2020 (Postponed to 2021)
Number of days:
104 (ship capacity)
|Final Brochure: Douro River Cruise||2.67 MB|
- The romantic Douro River meanders its way from Spain through Northern Portugal, delivering a breathtaking landscape of sculpted hills, terraced vineyards and scenic splendor.
- Explore the historic river and its environs during a seven-night cruise on an exclusively chartered first-class ship.
- Before embarking, enjoy Lisbon and its highlights, including the Alfama neighborhood, a hillside maze of cobbled lanes and ancient landmarks.
- See the University of Coimbra, founded in 1290 and embark the ship in lively Porto, a colorful, historic town spread across the banks of the river.
- In Vila Real, taste local pastries and tour an 18th-century palace.
- Sip the region’s famous port wine at a traditional quinta on a drive along the Douro Wine Road.
- Enjoy pretty Lamego with its quintessential blue and white tiled staircase and elegant, sun-kissed Salamanca in Spain!
- This journey features a choice of included excursions and an extensive meal plan, plus a selection of complimentary beverages.
- No single supplement!