Aug. 15 – 24, 2020
Number of days:
|Final Flyer: Scotland||1.78 MB|
- Discover Glasgow during a comprehensive panoramic city tour, from the magnificent St. Mungo Cathedral to the People’s Palace and Glasgow Green.
- Visit the National Piping Centre to see and hear the Great Highland Bagpipe— Scotland’s national instrument—and learn about its colorful history.
- Take a tour at Arran Distillery to learn about whisky making from professionally trained guides followed by a tasting of their award-winning products.
- Explore impressive Stirling Castle, situated on a volcanic outcrop on the River Forth, and hear of the castle’s turbulent history featuring great figures from Scotland’s past, such as William Wallace, Robert the Bruce, and Mary Queen of Scots.
- On the Isle of Skye, wander through Eilean Donan Castle—one of the most recognized castles in Scotland, and the site of Bishop Donan’s monastic cell created in 634AD.
- Travel to Inverness via the infamous Loch Ness.
- Stroll through Urquhart Castle—an iconic structure rich with over 1,000 years of dramatic history.
- See Culloden Battlefield, which was the site of the last battle of Jacobite Rising.
- Set out to the Highlands for a tour and single malt Scotch whisky tasting at Glenfiddich Distillery.
- Visit the breathtaking Glamis Castle—the legendary setting for Shakespeare’s Macbeth, the childhood home of HM Queen Elizabeth, and the birthplace of Princess Margaret.
- Embrace the charming town of St. Andrews—home to Scotland’s oldest and most prestigious university—during a guided walking tour.
- In Edinburgh, visit the Palace of Holyroodhouse—The Queen’s official residence in Scotland. Founded as a monastery in 1128, this property was once the home of Mary, Queen of Scots from 1561 to 1567.