Jul. 20 – 30, 2020
Number of days:
- Explore the northern Alps in Germany, Austria and Switzerland.
- Delight in views of majestic mountain peaks and wildflower-filled meadows while exploring medieval towns and baroque cities.
- In Oberammergau, watch a decennial performance of the Passion Play.
- Stroll through vibrant Munich and enjoy a traditional lunch in a beer garden.
- Cruise the Bodensee, also called Lake Constance, shared by all three countries, and discover the charm of Lindau, the island city off the German shore.
- Visit Innsbruck in the Austrian Alps, and stroll through Mozart’s Salzburg, where an evening is devoted to a concert of the genius composer’s best-known arias.
- Step inside a great medieval monastic library, and learn how Switzerland’s famous Appenzeller cheese is produced at a dairy farm, plus savor a fondue dinner at a mountaintop restaurant.
- Enjoy an extensive meal plan with wine at dinner and first-class accommodations in Oberstaufen, Garmisch-Partenkirchen, Salzburg and Munich on this small-group program.