Apr. 15 – 25, 2020
Number of days:
Eureka by Cal Discoveries Travel
|Final Brochure: Portugal Galicia||11.13 MB|
- Taste wines at an excellent albarino producer, Pazo de Señorans, set in the beautiful region where the King of Portugal went into hiding on his way to exile 100 years ago.
- Visit the wine region of Ribeira Sacra littered in spectacular monasteries and some of the world’s steepest vineyards.
- Dine at Adega Algueira in the Sil canyons, where winemaker Fernando Gonzales and wife Ana will join for an afternoon of winemaking stories and share some special wines.
- Visit Braga, Portugal’s religious center, viewing the dramatic Bom Jesus monastery and its famous Baroque stairway.
- Enjoy a river ride to the stunning Quinta do Crasto for lunch and cocktails.
- Participate in a cookery class at the Quinta da Pacheca estate.
- Explore the Convento do Cristo, the centerpiece of the Knights Templar town, a fascinating series of chapels, cloisters, and hidden passages with the highlight being the Templar church, built in 1162.
- Walk through the heart of Lisbon to take in some of the stunning vistas from the Alfama district and other central landmarks in the Avenida da Liberdade, including a Moorish Palace and the Sao Domingos church in Rossio as well as the Praca do Comercio square.
- Enjoy dinner at Cantinho do Avillez, the 2 star Michelin Belcanto, diving into local Portugal’s cuisine by its best-known chef in a relaxed and convivial atmosphere.