|Preliminary Brochure: Dordogne||1.09 MB|
- Experience the authentic provincial character of Dordogne for a week in Sarlat-la-Canéda, one of France’s most beautiful and well-preserved medieval villages.
- Stay in the family-owned Plaza Madeleine Hôtel, formerly a grand 19th-century townhouse.
- Discover the region’s charming villages, medieval castles and prehistoric treasures through specially arranged excursions and Cultural Enrichments to the medieval pilgrimage site of Rocamadour and the fascinating prehistoric cave paintings of Rouffignac and Cap Blanc.
- Enjoy all UNESCO World Heritage sites; the perfectly reproduced cave art at Lascaux, the “Sistine Chapel of Prehistory”; a private performance of French folk music and dance; Sarlat’s famous open-air market and the English-style Gardens of Eyrignac.
- Embark on a specially arranged gabare cruise on the Dordogne River; and the exclusive Village Life® Forum with local residents who will share candid insights into daily life in Dordogne.
- Complement your exploration of France’s rich culture with the Bordeaux Pre-Program Option, featuring the famous wine region of St-Émilion, and the Albi and Toulouse Post-Program Option, visiting the storybook medieval towns of southern France
- COVID-19 Update: Gohagan takes your health and wellness very seriously. Click here to learn about their enhanced COVID-19 protocols.
Day 1: Depart the U.S.
Day 2: Bordeaux, France/Sarlat-la-Canéda
Day 3: Sarlat-la-Canéda
Day 4: Rocamadour/Souillac
Day 5: Les Eyzies-de-Tayac-Sireuil/L’Abri du Cap-Blanc
Day 6: Lascaux/Saint-Amand-de-Coly
Day 7: Rouffignac/La Madeleine
Day 8: Beynac/Domme
Day 9: Sarlat-la-Canéda/Bordeaux/ Return to the U.S.
NOTE: Itinerary may change.