Nov. 9 – 19, 2020
Number of days:
$3,681 [including air from SFO]
|Preliminary Flyer: Costa Rica||969.08 KB|
- View the world’s largest crater and take a guided walk along park trails in Poas Volcano National Park.
- Learn about Costa Rica’s coffee industry at the Doka Coffee Estate, located on the fertile slopes of Poas Volcano.
- Discover the many dazzling varieties of orchids at the family-owned Botanical Orchid Garden.
- Enjoy nighttime viewing of Arenal Volcano from your hotel, which offers outstanding views.
- Visit children at a local elementary school and learn about Costa Rica’s vaunted educational system.
- Tour Ecocentro Danaus, a biological reserve dedicated to conservation, environmental education, and sustainability.
- Embark on a guided walk through the remarkably diverse Monteverde Cloud Forest, a biological reserve.
- See Costa Rica’s remarkable fauna up close in Monteverde’s Hummingbird Gallery, Bat Jungle, and Butterfly Garden.
- Experience the canopy level of the rain forest from the hanging bridges Sky Walk.
- Take a “float safari” on the Tempisque River to discover this extraordinary wetland and one of the world’s last tropical dry forests.
- Relax for three nights at a secluded beach resort in the Pacific coastal region of Guanacaste.
- Throughout the tour stay in eco-friendly hotels suited to the natural environment.
- Encounter exceptional biodiversity on a 4-day/3-night pre-tour option to Tortuguero National Park.