May 29 – Jun. 5, 2019 [on request only]
Number of days:
$4,995 [and up]
40 (ship capacity)
|Final Brochure: Galapagos||1.85 MB|
- During a full day tour of Quito, marvel at the gold leaf interior of the Jesuit Church of La Compañía—a fine example of the mix of European influences and indigenous art called the Baroque school of Quito; enjoy a lunch of Ecuadorian specialties; and view a curated collection of Pre-Columbian art.
- Observe with remarkable proximity the diversity of endemic species such as the Nazca, red- and blue-footed boobies; giant tortoises; marine iguanas; and the famous “Darwin’s finches.”
- Discover the myriad of aquatic wildlife in the clear waters of the world’s second largest marine reserve.
- Snorkel with sea lions, colorful tropical fish, and sea turtles—or observe them through a glass bottom boat.
- Explore secluded inlets and stroll sweeping white sand beaches such as Gardner Bay, where sea lions lounge and Española mockingbirds sing.
- Visit dramatic and historic places, including the lush highlands of Santa Cruz Island, the perfect habitat to see the Galapagos Giant Tortoise, and Cerro Brujo, one of the first sites visited by Charles Darwin.
- What’s included: A welcome reception in Quito, 7 breakfasts, 6 lunches, and 4 dinners including a farewell dinner; all excursions and presentations; flights between Quito, the Galapagos Islands, and Guayaquil on Days 3 and 7; gratuities to local guides, drivers in Quito and Guayaquil, and porterage at hotels; and airport transfers for guests arriving and departing during the suggested times. “