What to expect: These trips feature long touring days with travel via motorcoach, ship, zodiac, all-terrain vehicle, or train. Travelers are required to board transportation without assistance as well as stand and walk over uneven terrain for extended periods of time. Some tours may include optional higher-intensity activities and travel at higher altitudes with steep ascents and descents. Outings last 4–6 hours most days.
Suitable for: Travelers who are able to comfortably walk four to six miles, or 6,900–9,200 steps, each day.
- Brazil beckons! Soak up the beauty and exuberant culture of South America’s largest country on this incredible, 11-night adventure.
- Discover why Rio de Janeiro is called the Marvelous City as you head to the summits of Sugar Loaf and Corcovado mountains for spectacular, panoramic views over Guanabara Bay.
- On a fun Carnaval workshop tour, marvel at huge floats, dress up in splashy costumes and learn some salsa moves!
- Explore the beautiful, colonial-era towns of Ouro Preto and Mariana, brimming with ornate architecture built with gold rush riches.
- In the Pantanal, the world’s largest tropical wetland, spot astounding wildlife on guided walks, daytime safaris and night drives.
- More of nature’s wonders await you in dazzling Iguassu Falls, where 275 cascades rush and roar. Follow walkways up close to feel the mist on both the Brazilian and Argentinian sides!
- This small-group experience includes two flights within Brazil, deluxe and first-class accommodations, expert local guides and a generous meal plan featuring wine with dinner.