Oct. 30-Nov. 14, 2018
Number of days:
$8,793 [including air from SFO]
|Preliminary: Machu Picchu and Galapagos||288.65 KB|
- Enjoy a guided tour of colonial Lima and the Larco Herrera Museum, noted for its collection of pre-Columbian pottery.
- Explore the beautiful Sacred Valley, a region of Inca sites and indigenous villages, and attend a native “Offering to the Earth” ceremony.
- Discover Machu Picchu, the stunning “Lost City of the Incas,” staying at the Belmond Sanctuary Lodge, just yards from the entrance to the ruins.
- Savor two guided visits to Machu Picchu without all the day trippers.
- Tour Cuzco – archaeological hub of the Americas, the continent’s oldest continuously inhabited city, and a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- For your Galapagos adventure, stay for four nights at the beautiful Royal Palm Hotel set in the lush highlands of Santa Cruz Island.
- Enjoy privately chartered day cruises to North Seymour and South Plaza islands – rich in flora and fauna – accompanied by an expert naturalist guide.
- Visit the Charles Darwin Research Station and enjoy opportunities for swimming, snorkeling, and nature walks.
- Observe the iconic Galapagos wildlife: Sally Lightfoot crabs, iguanas, sea lions, blue-footed boobies, and abundant birdlife.
- Explore Santa Cruz Island, where you encounter the giant Galapagos tortoises in their natural habitat, and see the huge craters of Los Gemelos and secluded white-sand Garrapatero beach.
- Enjoy city tours of Quito, straddling two hemispheres at the Middle of the World Monument, and visit the colorful Botanical Gardens.