Jan. 21-Feb. 4, 2019
Number of days:
$7,297 [approx. including air from SFO]
|Final Brochure: Patagonia Explorer||3.82 MB|
- Tour the length and breadth of a South American gem with a unique all-Chile itinerary that includes eight days in Patagonia.
- Set out on an excursion through stunning Vicente Rosales National Park to see surging Petrohué Waterfalls and regal Osorno Volcano.
- Meet Chilean cowboys on a ranch, watching a display of their rodeo skills and enjoying a traditional asado-style barbecue dinner.
- Sit down to lunch prepared by a local fisherman’s family in Calbuco, a small group highlight.
- Visit a sheep ranch and see a sheepdog exercise and sheep-shearing demonstration, followed by a Patagonian asado lunch.
- Embark on a day cruise through the storied Strait of Magellan to Magdalena Island, home to an immense colony of Magellanic penguins.
- Explore Chile’s striking glacier region with a day cruise that navigates to Serrano and Balmaceda Glaciers.
- Stay for three nights in unspoiled Torres del Paine National Park, a landscape of jagged mountain peaks, ice-blue glaciers, turquoise lakes, rushing rivers, and thundering waterfalls.
- Get acquainted with the cosmopolitan Chilean capital of Santiago on a panoramic city tour, visiting the colorful bohemian Bellavista barrio.
- Sample some of Chile’s acclaimed wines during a tour of a winery near Santiago.
- Discover revered and remote Easter Island, home of the Rapa Nui people and their enigmatic moai statues, on an optional 3-day/3-night post-tour extension.