|Final Brochure: Israel||5.19 MB|
- Tour Israel’s vibrant cultural capital, Tel Aviv, including the “White City” district of Bauhaus architecture, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Take in the ancient port of Jaffa with its lively shops and cafés and see the Roman ruins at Caesarea.
- Glimpse life in the artists’ village of Ein Hod, set at the foot of Mt. Carmel overlooking the sea.
- Stay overnight at a hotel on the grounds of a working kibbutz founded in 1948.
- Sample the offerings at a local winery.
- Experience the biblical sites of Capernaum, Tiberias on the Sea of Galilee, the Mount of Beatitudes, and Nazareth, Jesus’ boyhood home.
- Enjoy lunch at a family-run dairy farm.
- Visit medieval Safed, center of Jewish mysticism and an artists’ colony.
- Stop at the fascinating archaeological site of Beit Shean.
- Spend five nights at the legendary King David hotel in Jerusalem, the “City of Gold.”
- Tour Jerusalem’s legendary sites: the Old City, the Church of the Holy Sepulchre, the Western Wall, the Yad Vashem Holocaust memorial, and the Israel Museum.
- Savor an ethnic cooking demonstration and taste local wines in the picturesque village of Ein Karem.
- Explore the Qumran Caves, where the Dead Sea Scrolls were discovered, and the ruins of the mountain fortress of Masada, a UNESCO site.
- On an excursion to the Dead Sea, enjoy a unique opportunity to float in its waters.
- Discover the astonishing “rose-red” city of Petra and experience Jordan’s capital Amman on an optional 5-day/4-night post-tour extension.
Day 1: Depart U.S. for Tel Aviv, Israel
Day 2: Arrive Tel Aviv
Day 3: Tel Aviv
Day 4: Tel Aviv/Upper Galilee
Day 5: Mount Bental/Tiberias
Day 6: Tiberias/Nazareth
Day 7: Tiberias/Jerusalem
Day 8: Jerusalem/Masada/Dead Sea
Day 9: Jerusalem
Day 10: Jerusalem
Day 11: Jerusalem/Old City
Day 12: Depart Tel Aviv for U.S.