Mar. 19 – 30, 2020
Number of days:
$6,684 [including air from SFO]
|Final Brochure: Israel||5.57 MB|
- Tour Israel’s vibrant cultural capital, Tel Aviv, including the “White City” district of Bauhaus architecture, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Visit the ancient port of Jaffa with its lively shops and cafes.
- See the Roman ruins at Caesarea and visit the artists’ village of Ein Hod, set at the foot of Mt. Carmel overlooking the sea.
- Stay overnight on a working kibbutz founded in 1916.
- Experience the biblical sites of Nazareth, Jesus’ boyhood home; Capernaum; the Mount of Beatitudes; and Tiberias on the Sea of Galilee.
- Stay for five nights at the legendary King David hotel in Jerusalem, the “City of Gold”.
- Have lunch at a family-run dairy farm and visit medieval Safed, center of Jewish mysticism and an artists’ colony.
- Tour Jerusalem’s legendary sites: Yad Vashem Holocaust memorial; the Israel Museum; the Old City; the Church of the Holy Sepulcher; and the Western Wall.
- Savor an ethnic cooking class and sample local wines in the picturesque village of Ein Karem.
- Explore the Qumran Caves, where the Dead Sea Scrolls were discovered, and the mountain fortress ruins of Masada, a UNESCO site.
- Enjoy a unique opportunity to float in the Dead Sea.
- Discover the astonishing “rose-red” city of Petra and experience Jordan’s capital Amman on an optional 5-day/4-night post-tour extension.