Mar. 16-27, 2019
Number of days:
$6,384 [including air from SFO]
|Final Brochure: Israel||3.16 MB|
- Tour Israel’s vibrant cultural capital, Tel Aviv, including the “White City” district of Bauhaus architecture, a UNESCO World Heritage site.
- Visit the ancient port of Jaffa.
- See the Roman ruins at Caesarea and visit the artists’ village of Ein Hod, set at the foot of Mt. Carmel overlooking the sea.
- Stay overnight on a working kibbutz founded in 1916.
- Experience the biblical sites of Nazareth, Jesus’ boyhood home; Capernaum; the Mount of Beatitudes; and Tiberias on the Sea of Galilee.
- Stay for five nights at the legendary King David hotel in Jerusalem, the “City of Gold”.
- Have lunch at a family-run dairy farm and visit medieval Safed, center of Jewish mysticism and home of an artists’ colony.
- Tour Jerusalem’s legendary sites, including Yad Vashem Holocaust memorial, the Israel Museum, the Old City, the Church of the Holy Sepulcher, and the Western Wall.
- Savor an ethnic cooking class and sample local wines in the picturesque village of Ein Karem.
- Explore the Qumran Caves, where the Dead Sea Scrolls were discovered, and the mountain fortress ruins of Masada, a UNESCO site.
- Enjoy the unique opportunity to float in the Dead Sea.
- Discover the astonishing “rose-red” city of Petra on an exciting exploration, and experience the capital of Amman on an optional 5-day/4-night Jordan post-tour extension.