Apr. 10 – 24, 2020
Number of days:
$4,192 [including air from SFO]
- Your journey begins with a four-night stay in Istanbul, magnificent “Empress of the World” and Turkey’s cultural and spiritual heart.
- Tour Istanbul’s famed highlights: the Spice Bazaar, the Blue Mosque, Hagia Sofia, and Topkapi Palace.
- Take a private cruise on the Bosphorus, the waterway that separates Europe from Asia.
- Explore the Grand Bazaar, a vast covered market housing some 5,000 shops along 60 “streets.”
- Visit Gallipoli, haunting site of 31 Allied cemeteries from World War I.
- Ferry across the Dardanelles to storied Troy, believed to exist only in Homer’s epic poem until the present site was discovered in the 1870s.
- Tour Pergamum, one of Turkey’s most spectacular ancient sites.
- Spend the day touring Turkey’s incomparable classical city, Ephesus, including its “houses of the wealthy.”
- Enjoy lunch in the rustic village of Sirince.
- Witness the age-old craft of carpet-weaving during a demonstration at a carpet factory.
- Spend three days on a privately chartered gulet yacht cruising the exquisite Turquoise Coast.
- While cruising discover secluded coves and hidden sights that few visitors see and enjoy opportunities to swim, snorkel, and hike.
- Cross the Taurus Mountains to your final destination, seaside Antalya, where you’ll tour the acclaimed Archaeological Museum and charming Old Town.
- Take an excursion to see the ruins at Perge, an ancient Greek city.
- Explore the bizarre rock formations and underground cities of Cappadocia and the Goreme Valley on an optional 4-day/3-night post-tour extension.