Oct. 29 – Nov. 2, 2022
Number of days:
|Preliminary Flyer: Civil Rights||1.9 MB|
- Journey through the Deep South accompanied by an Orbridge Travel Director to gain an enhanced understanding of the historic and continued struggle for racial equality in the United States.
- Visit prominent locations integral to the Civil Rights Movement many have only read about in books, including Kelly Ingram Park in Birmingham and the Edmund Pettus Bridge in Selma.
- Retrace the footsteps and learn more of central figures, including Dr. King, Rosa Parks, and Rev. Fred L. Shuttlesworth.
- Treasure the opportunity to hear first-hand the powerful accounts of foot soldiers’ struggles and triumphs with interactive discussions.
- Meet quiltmakers from Gee’s Bend to discuss their art.
- Join choir members for a musical program that outlines the origins of traditional African American spirituals and how these songs were integrated into the first independent black churches and how choirs supported Dr. King on his trips around the U.S. Afterward, enjoy a delicious dinner with the group.
- Visit the Birmingham Civil Rights Institute and the National Memorial for Peace and Justice—two institutions that have taken diverse and complementary approaches to telling the rich and moving stories of the Civil Rights Movement and of America’s history of racial inequality.
- Gather together at Dexter Avenue King Memorial Baptist Church.
- Celebrate the accomplishments of pioneering African American aviators at the Tuskegee Airmen Historic Site.
- Delight in a farewell lunch accompanied by true southern hospitality at the private restored antebellum home of Ms. Sandy Taylor, the retired Superintendent of the National Park Services Tuskegee Site.
- Orbridge is proud to announce that for all new bookings received for future tours, each guest’s deposit will be refunded in full if the cancellation notice is received more than 90 calendar days prior to departure (180 days for Antarctica or Trans-Siberian Railway). Orbridge and Cal Discoveries Travel understand that especially during these times, enhanced flexibility and peace of mind is important.
- COVID-19 Update: Orbridge takes your health and wellness very seriously. Click here to learn about their enhanced COVID-19 protocols.