Dec. 2 – 9, 2022
Number of days:
From $5,045 including roundtrip airfare Miami-Cuba
Associate Professor Bryan Wagner
|Preliminary Flyer: Cuba (African Diaspora)||1.22 MB|
- Discover the profound influence of the African diaspora on Cuban culture on this incredible, immersive program.
- Stay for seven nights in a privately owned boutique hotel in Havana’s beautiful Vedado neighborhood.
- Daily excursions will broaden your perspective of Cuba while benefiting and supporting the local people.
- Enjoy Havana’s lively jazz and art scenes, learn about organic farming in Caimito and discover the storied Afro-Cuban roots of Matanzas, Guanabacoa and Regla.
- Learn about Santería and other Afro-Cuban religions, plus tour the National Museum of Fine Arts focusing on Afro-Cuban artists.
- Experience Cuba through the eyes of entrepreneurs, dancers, community leaders and more.
- During meaningful exchanges, these locals show you their connections to their country and how they cultivate their passions and work.
- Our handpicked local experts add another enriching layer with discussions about Cuba’s economy and other compelling topics.
- This exclusive program, developed by AHI Travel, is operated in accordance with a Support for the Cuban People general license established by the Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Assets Control.
- This program includes a round-trip flight between Miami and Cuba.
- Due to restrictions in Cuba, we are not able to send a lecturer. However, Associate Professor Bryan Wagner will accompany the group as the tour manager.
- If you are interested in more information about this trip, please click on the “Reserve Your Place Now” button to be taken to the AHI website or view the 2021-2022 AHI Digital Catalog.
- COVID-19 Update: AHI takes your health and wellness very seriously. Click here to learn about their enhanced COVID-19 protocols.