Dec. 2 – 9, 2022
Number of days:
Associate Professor Bryan Wagner
|Preliminary Flyer: Cuba (African Diaspora)||1.22 MB|
- Discover the profound influence of the African diaspora on Cuban culture on this incredible, immersive program.
- Stay for seven nights in a privately owned boutique hotel in Havana’s beautiful Vedado neighborhood.
- Daily excursions will broaden your perspective of Cuba while benefiting and supporting the local people.
- Enjoy Havana’s lively jazz and art scenes, learn about organic farming in Caimito and discover the storied Afro-Cuban roots of Matanzas, Guanabacoa and Regla.
- Learn about Santería and other Afro-Cuban religions, plus tour the National Museum of Fine Arts focusing on Afro-Cuban artists.
- Experience Cuba through the eyes of entrepreneurs, dancers, community leaders and more.
- During meaningful exchanges, these locals show you their connections to their country and how they cultivate their passions and work.
- Our handpicked local experts add another enriching layer with discussions about Cuba’s economy and other compelling topics.
- This exclusive program, developed by AHI Travel, is operated in accordance with a Support for the Cuban People general license established by the Treasury Department’s Office of Foreign Assets Control.
- This program includes a round-trip flight between Miami and Cuba.
- Due to restrictions in Cuba, we are not able to send a lecturer. However, Associate Professor Bryan Wagner will accompany the group as the tour manager.
- 2021-2022 AHI Digital Catalog
- If you are interested in receiving more information about this trip, please fill out this brochure request form. As soon as we have more information available we will send it to you.
- COVID-19 Update: AHI takes your health and wellness very seriously. Click here to learn about their enhanced COVID-19 protocols.