Apr. 3 – 8, 2022
Number of days:
|Preliminary Flyer: New Orleans The African American Experience||1.18 MB|
- Discover the living history of the African American experience that resonates deeply in this charismatic city.
- On this five-night exploration, past, present and future come alive as you visit the Whitney Plantation, a museum focused entirely on the lives of enslaved people; admire works by rising, socially conscious artists at a warehouse gallery; and witness the uplifting resolve of young New Orleanians learning life-changing skills.
- Visit a fascinating array of museums that showcases the region’s Black history and culture.
- Savor NOLA’s stellar Cajun and Creole cuisine, learn tips at a cooking school demonstration and tour Tremé, the nation’s oldest African American neighborhood; Bayou Road, a historic community of Black-owned businesses; and the romantic French Quarter.
- Discover the multicultural riches and joyful spirit of New Orleans, where life is lived to the fullest!
- This small-group experience features a first-class hotel in the French Quarter, enrichment from local guides and lecturers and a professional Travel Director.
- 2021-2022 AHI Digital Catalog
- If you are interested in receiving more information about this trip, please fill out this brochure request form. As soon as we have more information available we will send it to you.
- COVID-19 Update: AHI takes your health and wellness very seriously. Click here to learn about their enhanced COVID-19 protocols.