Apr. 3 – 8, 2022
Number of days:
|Preliminary Flyer: New Orleans The African American Experience||1.18 MB|
- Discover the living history of the African American experience that resonates deeply in this charismatic city.
- On this five-night exploration, past, present and future come alive as you visit the Whitney Plantation, a museum focused entirely on the lives of enslaved people; admire works by rising, socially conscious artists at a warehouse gallery; and witness the uplifting resolve of young New Orleanians learning life-changing skills.
- Visit a fascinating array of museums that showcases the region’s Black history and culture.
- Savor NOLA’s stellar Cajun and Creole cuisine, learn tips at a cooking school demonstration and tour Tremé, the nation’s oldest African American neighborhood; Bayou Road, a historic community of Black-owned businesses; and the romantic French Quarter.
- Discover the multicultural riches and joyful spirit of New Orleans, where life is lived to the fullest!
- This small-group experience features a first-class hotel in the French Quarter, enrichment from local guides and lecturers and a professional Travel Director.
- If you are interested in more information about this trip, please click on the “Reserve Your Place Now” button to be taken to the AHI website or view the 2021-2022 AHI Digital Catalog.
- COVID-19 Update: AHI takes your health and wellness very seriously. Click here to learn about their enhanced COVID-19 protocols.