Sep. 7 – 12, 2019
Number of days:
$6,990 [and up]
|Final Brochure: Northern Lights||1.19 MB|
- Experience true Canadian hospitality during stays at Four Points by Sheraton Winnipeg International Airport (1 night) and Gangler’s North Seal River Lodge (4 nights) in Northern Manitoba—an exclusive property renown for its extraordinary service and cuisine—situated approximately 200 miles from the nearest road and accessible only by air. This stretch of untouched water and wilderness—spanning over 7,200 square miles—features 12 river systems that merge to form over 100 lakes as well as the North Seal River.
- Relish pristine viewing of the northern lights in September that will leave you breathless.
- Set out on a full-day wildlife spotting excursion (by air and by land) during the annual caribou migration—where wolves, bears, bald and golden eagles, wolverines, and scavengers follow this traveling ecosystem.
- Admire the geologically rare landscape sculpted thousands of years ago by retreating glaciers that left meandrous formations of gravel and sand called eskers.
- At the lodge, choose from a variety of outdoor activities including hiking, birding, lake tours, and fishing.
- Enjoy guided tours and lectures led by local naturalists—including resident biologist, Dr. Brian Kotak, and First Nations guides indigenous to this land—specializing in the region’s geology, geography, flora and fauna, and indigenous communities.
- Participate in workshops directed by a local professional nature photographer to learn techniques for optimum aurora, wildlife, and landscape photography.
- What’s Included: Five nights accommodations in high-end properties; 4 breakfasts, 1 brunch, 3 lunches, and 4 dinners; full guiding services of an Orbridge Expedition Leader and local experts; all activities listed on the 6-day itinerary (unless noted otherwise); all fishing license requirements; all excursion transportation; all gratuities; and airport transfers for guests arriving and departing during the suggested times.