Aug. 8-14, 2018 [waitlist only]
Number of days:
|Final Brochure: Polar Bears and Beluga Whales||999.36 KB|
- Begin in Winnipeg with a private reception and three-course welcome dinner at Assiniboine Park Zoo along with a presentation on polar bears.
- In Churchill, stay at the iconic Lazy Bear Lodge, hand-built by local pioneer Wally Daudrich from boreal forest timbers and stone.
- Explore Churchill’s waterfront area including panoramic visits to the sites of Miss Piggy Plane Crash, Polar Bear “Jail,” and Cape Merry.
- Enjoy a 6-8 hour Hudson Bay area tour, on board a custom-designed viewing boat to observe polar bears, beluga whales, seals, a multitude of birds, and much more.
- Embark on Zodiacs to see and experience pods of friendly beluga whales up close, and watch the shoreline for other wildlife.
- Take a Summer Tundra Tour on the Arctic Crawler to observe wildlife and vegetation.
- Hear tales of arctic racing and experience dog sledding for yourself on boreal forest trails.
- Learn about Churchill’s unique ecosystem at the Churchill Northern Studies Centre.
- What’s included: 6 nights hotel and lodge accommodations; 6 breakfasts, 4 lunches, and 3 dinners including a special welcome reception and dinner plus a farewell reception; all excursion transportation and entry fees; full guiding services and specialized presentations by an Orbridge Expedition Leader; and all gratuities.