Jul. 26 – Aug. 1, 2022
Number of days:
|Preliminary Flyer: Polar Bears and Beluga Whales||2.02 MB|
- Begin in Winnipeg with a private reception and three-course welcome dinner at Assiniboine Park Zoo along with a presentation on polar bears.
- In Churchill, stay at the iconic Lazy Bear Lodge, hand-built by local pioneer Wally Daudrich from stone and reclaimed boreal forest timbers.
- Embark upon two separate water tours of Hudson Bay to see and photograph many of the 60,000 beluga whales that inhabit the area.
- Keep an eye out for polar bears, caribou, seals, and a multitude of bird species found along the shore.
- Aboard the Arctic Crawler, venture out onto stark and beautiful landscapes, stopping to enjoy the scenery as you search for arctic hare, snowy owl, ptarmigan, or arctic fox.
- Choose between two optional guided excursion activities (additional fee): a 3-hour kayaking tour or a 3-hour AquaGliding tour.
- Visit Churchill’s Itsanitaq Museum for an exploration of indigenous ways of life while viewing remarkable examples of Inuit craftsmanship.
- Meet an energetic team of sled dogs and their experienced handler, then climb into a dog cart for your own exciting ride.
- If you are interested in receiving more information about this trip, please fill out this brochure request form. As soon as we have more information available we will send it to you.