Jul. 9 – 19, 2019
Number of days:
$6,787 [including air from SFO]
|Final Brochure: Untamed Alaska||2.41 MB|
- Stay at distinctive lodges that get you close to nature and attuned to your majestic surroundings.
- Enjoy a scenic Denali National Park tour, including a hike through the park’s tundra in search of Alaska’s outstanding wildlife.
- Visit an Iditarod sled dog kennel, where you’ll learn about the grueling race and meet some of the Husky puppies.
- Take a scenic flight deep into Wrangell-St. Elias National Park, the largest national park in the United States.
- Visit the historic copper mining town of Kennicott.
- Enjoy a singular half-day hike to Root Glacier, taking in the pristine icefields, waterfalls, deep canyons, and crevasses.
- Take a city tour of Anchorage, and see the busiest seaplane base in the world at Lake Hood.
- Tour the Alaska Wildlife Conservation Center.
- Stay in Seward, known for its bustling harbor and also as the gateway to Kenai Fjords National Park.
- Explore Kenai Fjords National Park on a glacier and wildlife cruise.
- In Anchorage visit the Alaska Native Heritage Center and enjoy cultural demonstrations highlighting some of Alaska’s native peoples.