Feb. 5 – 11, 2022
Number of days:
- Immerse yourself in the unspoiled natural beauty, diverse wildlife, and dramatic tales of this unique ecosystem during this exclusive wintertime program.
- Experience Yellowstone in its winter incarnation: a world with frozen geyser rain, ghost trees with a frosty glaze, surprising winter wildflowers, and dynamic hydrothermal features set in snow and ice.
- Scout for wildlife from the comfort of a custom-outfitted, heated vehicle, featuring oversized windows and a rooftop viewing hatch. Yellowstone is considered one of the best wolf-watching habitats in the country.
- Joined by two expert Orbridge Expedition Leaders and professional naturalist guides, learn informed perspectives and first-person accounts of the wolves’ setbacks, survival, and victories.
- Set out on a snowshoe adventure plus meet an award-winning wildlife photographer for a presentation during a visit to his gallery.
- Keep binoculars close at hand: this is the Serengeti of North America, home to the largest concentration of mammals in the lower 48 states. Resident bison, elk, pronghorn, bighorn sheep, moose, and other wildlife live among seven large predators, one of the most elusive being the gray wolf.
- Enjoy a horse-drawn sleigh ride through the National Elk Refuge. Created in 1912, this sanctuary is home to one of the largest elk herds in North America.
- If you are interested in receiving more information about this trip, please fill out this brochure request form. As soon as we have more information available we will send it to you.