Feb. 24 – Mar. 16, 2020
Number of days:
$9,784 [including air from SFO]
|Final Brochure: Australia and New Zealand||2.31 MB|
- In Cairns board a vintage steam train to Kuranda and descend via Skyrail gondolas.
- Enjoy a day-long excursion to the Great Barrier Reef with the opportunity to swim, snorkel, and view the reef from a semi-submersible vessel.
- Embark on an Aboriginal “dreamtime” tour in Alice Springs to meet Walpiri tribespeople and learn about their ancient culture.
- Visit Uluru-Kata Tjuta National Park, a UNESCO World Heritage site that is the traditional land of the Anangu Aboriginal peoples and home of Uluru (Ayers Rock).
- Watch the sun set over fabled Ayers Rock, a sandstone monolith rising over 1,000 feet.
- Tour Sydney, including the iconic Opera House and Featherdale Wildlife Park.
- Enjoy a lunch cruise by catamaran around Sydney Harbour.
- Fly to Christchurch, New Zealand’s “Garden City,” for an overnight stay and city tour featuring its acclaimed Botanic Gardens.
- Journey to scenic Mount Cook National Park, home of New Zealand’s tallest mountain, where optional activities include hiking and scenic flights.
- En route to Queenstown, New Zealand’s “adventure capital,” visit historic Arrowtown and the Kawarau Bridge Bungy.
- Board a scenic cruise to a working ranch, where you’ll watch a sheepdog demonstration and take a four-wheel drive excursion into the high country.
- Take a day-long excursion to glorious Milford Sound that includes a nature cruise through the breathtaking fjords.
- Embark on a panoramic tour of the Maori center of Rotorua with its geothermal activity.
- Visit the Te Puia Thermal Reserve and Cultural Centre for a traditional hangi dinner and Maori performance.
- On a tour of Auckland, set atop 48 volcanic hills, see its stunning harbor and the America’s Cup Village.
- Spend additional time in the sparkling “City of Sails,” enjoying Auckland independently with an optional 3-day/2-night post-tour extension.