Mar. 18 – Apr. 2, 2021
Number of days:
$6,674 [including air from SFO]
|Final Brochure: New Zealand||4.11 MB|
- See cosmopolitan Auckland’s highlights during a two-night stay, including the acclaimed Auckland Museum
- Embark on a cruise around glittering Auckland Harbour.
- Enjoy a subterranean adventure at Ruakuri Caves, home to unique glowworms
- Visit Rotorua’s Te Puia Thermal Reserve and Cultural Centre for a traditional hangi dinner and Maori performance.
- Encounter intriguing Rotorua – a geothermal wonder, with its geysers, mud pools, and hot springs – on a city tour
- Get an up-close look at New Zealand’s biodiversity at Rainbow Springs Nature Park, and see the country’s famous birds here at the National Kiwi Trust
- Sample the local terroir at Church Road Winery, one of the country’s oldest and most acclaimed wineries, in the celebrated Hawke’s Bay wine region.
- Go on a walking tour in picturesque seaside Napier, famed for its Art Deco architecture.
- Learn about the country’s sheep farming industry at a private farm, watching sheepdogs at work, witnessing a sheep-shearing demonstration, then enjoying a barbecue lunch.
- Ride on the historic cable car and visit New Zealand’s renowned national museum in the national capital, Wellington.
- Discover Christchurch, New Zealand’s “Garden City,” where highlights include the Botanic Gardens and Cathedral Square.
- Board the TranzAlpine train for one of the world’s great rail journeys up into the Southern Alps.
- Encounter spectacular Franz Josef Glacier and take a walk in a glacial valley during a two-night stay in Westland Tai Poutini National Park.
- See rare kiwi birds at the West Coast Wildlife Centre.
- Stop at a local vineyard in the Central Otago wine region for a private tasting and a tour of the wine cave.
- Take a cruise on stunning Doubtful Sound during a full-day excursion to lush, unspoiled Fiordland National Park, one of New Zealand’s top attractions.
- Enjoy a day at leisure in the outdoor mecca of Queenstown, with abundant options for savoring this spectacular setting: a paddle steamer ride, jet boating, the Skyline gondola, and more.