Mar. 10 – 25, 2022
Number of days:
From $6,495 [including air from SFO]
- See Auckland’s highlights, including the acclaimed Auckland Museum, during a two-night stay n this cosmopolitan city.
- Embark on a cruise around glittering Auckland Harbour.
- Enjoy a subterranean adventure at Ruakuri Caves, home to unique glowworms.
- Visit Rotorua’s Te Puia Thermal Reserve and Maori Cultural Centre for a traditional hangi dinner and Maori performance.
- Encounter intriguing Rotorua – a geothermal wonder, with its geysers, mud pools, and hot springs – on a city tour.
- Get an up-close look at New Zealand’s biodiversity at Rainbow Springs Nature Park, and see the country’s famous birds at the National Kiwi Trust.
- Sample the local terroir at Church Road Winery, one of the country’s oldest and most acclaimed wineries, in the celebrated Hawke’s Bay wine region.
- Go on a walking tour in seaside Napier, famed for its Art Deco architecture.
- Learn about the country’s sheep farming industry at a private farm where you’ll watch sheepdogs at work and a sheep-shearing demonstration, followed by a barbecue lunch.
- Ride on the historic cable car and visit New Zealand’s renowned national museum in the capital, Wellington.
- Discover Christchurch, New Zealand’s “Garden City,” where highlights include the Botanic Gardens and Cathedral Square.
- Board the TranzAlpine train for one of the world’s great rail journeys up into the Southern Alps.
- Encounter spectacular Franz Josef Glacier and take a walk in a glacial valley during a two-night stay near Westland Tai Poutini National Park.
- See rare kiwi birds at the West Coast Wildlife Centre.
- Stop at a local vineyard in the Central Otago wine region for a private tasting and a tour of the wine cave.
- Take a cruise on stunning Doubtful Sound during a full-day excursion to lush, unspoiled Fiordland National Park, one of New Zealand’s top attractions.
- Enjoy a day at leisure in the outdoor mecca of Queenstown, with abundant options for savoring this spectacular setting: a paddle steamer ride, jet boating, the Skyline gondola, and more.
- If you are interested in receiving more information about this trip, please fill out this brochure request form. As soon as we have more information available we will send it to you.