Your safety is our number one priority. Learn how Cal Discoveries Travel and our tour operators are working to ensure that you are safe while traveling.
The COVID-19 pandemic continues to deeply impact everyone. Its widespread effects can be seen all around the world, even in our communities and our homes. Cal Discoveries Travel, along with the rest of the alumni travel community, has felt the impact of COVID-19.
We understand that this has been an unprecedented time, filled with confusion and frustration. We also realize that this ever-changing situation can bring on a mix of emotions about future travel plans. Please know that Cal Discoveries Travel and our tour operators are working to ensure that you are safe while traveling. Your safety is our number one priority. We thank you for your continued support and patience as we navigate these challenging times.
Due to the pandemic, we have been working remotely as have most of our tour operators. We are available by phone or email to address your questions and concerns. The fastest way to get in contact with us is by email: firstname.lastname@example.org. You can also call our office at 510-900-8222 (please note that since we are working remotely, we will be returning your call from a blocked number instead of our usual Berkeley number).
We appreciate your understanding and ongoing support of Cal Discoveries Travel. We look forward to safe future travels together.
Reservations: Book with Confidence
- Any cancelations up to 90 days prior to departure will result in a full cash refund.
- Program-specific terms and conditions are available on our website. Click on the "Reserve Your Place Now" button for more information.
Eureka by Cal Discoveries Travel
- Any cancellations made before the final payment date are fully refundable.
- As guidelines surrounding COVID-19 continue to change, on-tour protocols will be established closer to trip departure. Local restrictions and requirements will be followed and passengers will be expected to adhere to protocols set forth.
Gohagan & Company
- Book with confidence! Gohagan & Company is waiving program cancellation fees, including pre and post program option cancellation fees, now through 96 days prior to program departure.
- Gohagan & Company is extending Early Booking Savings discounts up to 96 days prior to commencement of each of its 2022 programs and the 2023 Expedition to Antarctica Program. Save between $600 and $2000 per couple, depending on the program.
- View sample Gohagan & Company terms and conditions.
- Lindblad's Good Faith Plan means you can book, confident that should you choose to cancel prior to your voyage, you can—100% assured.
- For those who wish to cancel their expedition, they are providing two options:
- Their standard cancellation policy is available, should that best suit your needs.
- Or, for more flexibility: For any bookings made by February 28, 2022, for departures through September 30, 2022: cancel your expedition at least 14 days before departure and receive 100% future travel credit for expedition fare paid* to be used on any future 2022 or 2023 expedition.
- View Lindblad Expeditions terms and conditions.
- Each guest’s $500 deposit will be fully refundable up until the final payment due date: 95 days prior to tour departure.
- View Odysseys Unlimited terms and conditions.
- For all new bookings received for future tours, each guest’s deposit will be refunded in full if the cancellation notice is received more than 90 calendar days prior to departure (180 days for Antarctica or Trans-Siberian Railway).
- View Orbridge terms and conditions.
Sports and Entertainment
- Sports and Entertainment (SET) has changed their deposit policies for all of their 2022 trips.
- Instead of the deposit being non-refundable, SET will allow travelers deposits to be credited or applied to any future SET trips until the final payment is due: 60 days prior to tour departure.
- Sports and Entertainment terms and conditions.
Our 2022 trip lineup is available in our digital catalog and on our website. We are pleased that we can continue to offer exciting educational travel opportunities for alumni and friends of Cal, and we look forward to traveling with you in the future. If you have any questions, feel free to contact us at email@example.com or at 510-900-8222.
Existing 2022 Reservations
It is important that all travelers with upcoming trip reservations in 2022 keep an eye out for updates directly from their tour operator. All updates regarding the status of your 2022 trip will be sent to you via email. Make sure you check your inbox and spam folders for these communications.
In the event that your trip has been postponed or canceled, your tour operator will inform you of next steps.
If you have concerns about your reservation or the status of your trip, contact your tour operator. See below for their information. You can also always reach out to our office at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Tour Operator Contact Information
Gohagan & Co: 800-922-3088
Lindblad Expeditions: 800-397-3348
Odysseys Unlimited: 888-370-6765
Sports & Entertainment Travel: 888-225-2586
COVID-19 Safety Protocols
New safety protocols from our tour operators (please note that this information is subject to change):
Cancellation Windows Extended
Please note that not all of our tour operators are offering travel credits, that is specific to each tour operator. If you are interested for more information about this, please contact our office.
If you decide to take advantage of a future travel voucher and are curious about which trips will be offered in 2022 by your tour operator, check out upcoming tours and select your tour operator.
Trip Insurance Questions
If you purchased trip insurance with USI and you have questions about your plan or coverage, please call them at 1-800-937-1387. Their licensed customer service team is available Monday through Friday, 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. (ET). You can also check out their COVID-19 FAQ page, which might have answers to some of your insurance questions.
*Although acquiring travel insurance for a trip is not mandatory we highly recommend having some form of travel protection for future trips. As always, we advise our travelers to read their plan documents or description of coverage thoroughly to understand what coverage they have.
Official COVID-19 Resources
Find Your Next Great Trip
Our Tour Lecturers
Meet the enrichment lecturers who accompany our tours and offer fascinating educational details to take your vacation to the next level.