Cal Alumni Mentors
The Cal Alumni Association (CAA) is proud to launch Cal Alumni Mentors, a new mentorship program that matches alumni with undergraduate students who are first-generation, low-income, underrepresented, or underserved*. The program will equip students with career and professional skills so that they can succeed at and after Cal.
*CAA has identified Black/African/African American, Chicanx/Latinx, Native American/Alaska Native, Southeast Asian, Pacific Islander, and LGBTQ+ as underrepresented and/or underserved groups on campus.
Student mentorship participants will:
- Be paired with alumni mentors with similar career interests and identities
- Connect with their mentors to learn from their Cal experiences and careers
- Attend workshops on topics including physical and mental well-being, campus resources, professional development, and networking
- Share about their journeys from Cal to career
- Connect with and learn from current Cal students and their experiences
- Develop skills as a mentor through trainings and resources
The Cal Alumni Mentors program is hosted on the Berkeley Career Network, an online platform that allows students to access and expand their Cal network.
Join today and be part of the inaugural program cohort to equip future generations of Golden Bears.
Questions? Email TBN@alumni.berkeley.edu.
Thank you for your interest in the Cal Alumni Mentors program!
This program runs during the academic year from October through May. To be be sent information how to join this year's cohort recruitment and for other opportunities to be involved, please complete the below interest form. The deadline to join the 2023–2024 cohort is September 22, 2023.LEARN MORE
Berkeley Career Network
The Berkeley Career Network makes professional connections for Cal alumni and students. The network recommends new connections for you based on shared industries, majors, and professional interests. It’s easy for students and alumni to tap into the Cal community by sending messages and requesting online or in-person meetings based on their professional goals.
Signing up takes 5 minutes
Visit berkeley.peoplegrove.com to join or sign in.
Add information to your profile. The more info you provide, the easier it will be for alumni and students to find you! Your profile information will help us recommend the most valuable connections out there. You can always visit your profile later and add more detail.
Explore! Check out your dashboard. Alumni with similar career experience or interests are easy to find in the NETWORK tab. Browse the FORUM and RESOURCES tabs if you’re not sure where to begin.
Students and alumni may reach out to you with a question or meeting request based on their professional needs. Watch your inbox!
Get the most out of the Berkeley Career Network.
- Use filters in the NETWORK tab to find the right connections for you. If you’re seeking career guidance, try filtering by topic to address your needs, such as industry trends, parenting and careers, or applying for grad school.
- Signing up using LinkedIn or Facebook makes it easier to update your information—and remember your login details!
- Check out our FAQs.
The Berkeley Career Network is an online professional network managed by the Cal Alumni Association and the UC Berkeley Career Center.
Download the Berkeley Career Network Mobile App
To get the app:
- Visit http://berkeley.peoplegrove.com on your mobile device browser
- Follow the prompts to “Add to Home Screen” (Use Safari on your iOS device)
Now you’re ready to access the Berkeley Career Network from your mobile device. We can’t wait to connect with you!