Career Opportunities with the Cal Alumni Association
Are you looking for a career in which you can have a challenging work experience, and also serve the alumni and students of the #1 public university in the world? The Cal Alumni Association might be the place for you. We are an independent not-for-profit, 501(c)(3) organization with an $11 million operating budget and 60 full-time employees, located at Alumni House on the University of California, Berkeley campus.
Submit Your Resume
Submit your cover letter, resume, and salary requirements to email@example.com. Resumes without cover letters will not be considered.
Please reference the job title in the subject line of your email. Attachments should be in MS Word or PDF format.
Complete the Application Packet
Candidates invited to participate in a job interview must complete our Application Packet. Please use Chrome or Internet Explorer.
Alternate Method of Application
Download the application packet as a PDF, complete the forms, and email them as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Health and Safety
COVID-19 Temporary Adjustments
The Cal Alumni Association is preparing for our return to the office. Staff will be expected to work a hybrid schedule, with some jobs required to work onsite a majority of the time depending on job duties. Staff will be required to take a COVID-19 test on campus through University Health Services, and provide proof of COVID-19 vaccination or request an exception due to disability, medical or sincerely held religious belief.
Our Operating Principles
We are especially interested in hiring a candidate who will commit to building a workplace that:
- Fosters personal accountability and empowerment
- Inspires personal integrity and a commitment to ethical standards
- Builds trust and mutual respect
- Fosters effective communication
- Conducts work that is inspirational, innovative, forward-thinking and adaptable
- Reinforces teamwork
- Offers constructive feedback and coaching
- Shares a common commitment to vision/goals
- Nurtures a positive outlook
- Affirms diversity
- Allows for an aesthetic, healthy and accommodating physical workspace.
For Our Full-time Employees:
CAA offers an excellent health care and supplemental benefits packages, 403(b), a generous paid time-off benefit, and more. We have a friendly, relaxed but professional environment, and we pride ourselves on our team approach.
Health Care Benefits:
- CAA employees are required to contribute 10% of their total medical premium for the employee and 20% for any eligible dependents.
- CAA pays 100% of the premiums for Dental and Vision benefits for the employee and any eligible dependents.
Paid Time Off Benefits:
- Vacation: 16 days/year for first 2 years of service, 18 days/year after completing 2 years of service, 21 days/year after completing 5 years of service.
- Sick time: 12 days/year
- Holidays: 11 total per year
- Paid time off between Dec 26 and Dec 31
- Birthday Holiday: 1 Day off
- As affiliates to UC Berkeley, CAA employees are eligible to participate in many of the on-campus professional development workshops, seminars and professional networks available to UCB employees. Please note that this does not include undergraduate or graduate courses offered to students.
- CAA has a partnership with UC Berkeley Extension that offers our employees a discount on enrollment fees.
- 403(b) retirement savings plan with a company match
- Supplemental Insurance with 100% of premiums paid by CAA:
- Life Insurance
- AD&D Insurance
- LTD Insurance
- Option to purchase supplemental insurance plans from AFLAC
Commuting and Parking:
- If you’re a commuter, consider taking advantage our pre-tax public transit commuter benefit. You can load your Clipper Card or pay public transit fare with pre-tax dollars.
- Cal Bear Pass: Take advantage of UCB’s partnership with AC Transit. The partnership offers a cost savings of up to 70% off the standard monthly bus pass rate! CAA employees are eligible to purchase an AC transit pass at the faculty/staff discount rate with pre-tax payroll deductions.
- UCB Campus Parking Permit: As affiliates to UCB, our CAA employees are eligible to purchase a campus parking permit at the faculty/staff discount rate with pre-tax payroll deductions.
Access to Campus Programs and Discounts:
- Eligible to join the Recreational Sports Facility (RSF) at the Faculty/Staff discount rate
- Special campus events
- Free admission to the University Art Museum
- Discount tickets for Cal Performances, Pacific Film Archive, and Hertz Hall
- AirBears: wireless internet access on campus
News & Updates
Alumni Advice for the Graduating Class of 2023
The Cal Alumni Association asked alums what advice they would share with the newest cohort of alumni Golden Bears.
Class of 1953
Class of 1953 classmates are invited to sign up for the virtual lectures schedule for this fall: June 9 and August 21st, both at 1-2 pm. Lectures will highlights on the state of Cal today. Information will be included about the Golden Bear Luncheon during Homecoming October 6th 11:30 am for classes celebrating 50th reunions and beyond – that […]
John Lawrence Graham
Go Bears! After receiving his PhD in Business (minor in Anthropology) John Lawrence Graham has spent the last four decades in research, teaching and writing about peace in a variety of contexts — within families, neighborhoods, international commerce, and foreign relations. Graham has published nine nonfiction books on those topics. Continuing this endeavor — teaching peace — he […]