The Cal Alumni Association (CAA) provides opportunities through its website and its social media channels to facilitate communication among members of the UC Berkeley community. In order to create the best possible experience for all members, we ask that everyone to follow a few basic rules of participation.
Code of Conduct
The Cal Alumni Association (CAA) provides opportunities through our website and our social media channels (“the Communities”) to facilitate communication among members of the UC Berkeley community (defined as “Users”), which includes UC Berkeley alumni, students, parents of students, faculty, staff, and friends of the university, as well as between Users and the Cal Alumni Association.
The primary purpose of CAA’s Communities is to foster meaningful connection and communication between its members. In order to create the best possible experience for all members, we ask that all Users follow a few basic rules of participation. By joining and engaging in these Communities, you warrant that you have read and agree to follow the policies and guidelines outlined here.
Behavior that violates CAA’s stated Code of Conduct will be grounds for immediate removal from our community. Such behavior includes, but is not limited to:
- posts that are unrelated to the current topic;
- content primarily intended for the unauthorized advertisement or promotion of a commercial purpose;
- distribution of material in any manner that infringes the copyright or any other proprietary right of any party;
- activities that restrict or inhibit any other User from using and participating in the Community;
- activities that are illegal or fraudulent;
- use that inaccurately implies endorsement, approval, or sponsorship by CAA or University of California;
- use that can be confused with official communications of CAA or University of California;
- activities that violate other users’ privacy, such as releasing personal information about others, such as name, address, or phone number;
- activities that further commercial or other personal financial gain;
- posting content that: is hateful, threatening, libelous, or pornographic; incites violence; or contains nudity or graphic or gratuitous violence;
- harassment of any individual or entity;
- violation of any code of conduct or other guidelines applicable to any particular service.
CAA reserves the right to deny access to its communication channels. CAA will deny access to those who violate the above standards or other applicable policies in these or similar practices. Participants engaging on CAA web properties and/or social media channels who misuse information and communication services may be removed from all online alumni communities permanently, and they could face legal action for failure to abide by these policies and procedures. CAA reserves the right to move or delete any postings.
CAA reserves the right to change this agreement and to make changes to any of the products or programs described in the site at any time without notice or liability. Any such revisions are prospectively binding on you, and therefore, please be sure to periodically visit this page when you use the site to review the current agreement that binds you.
To contact us with questions regarding this Code of Conduct, or to report a violation, please use the form provided below.